1. Family with kids would not want to miss out the fun-filled activities at the Easter show!
http://www.eastershow.com.au/Plan/suggested-itineraries.html (14th – 27th April)
2. Be fascinated with Australia’s annual circus and street theatre festival with performances by the world’s excellent acrobats, stunt performers and street theatre acts at the Darling Harbour!
http://darlingharbour.com/sydney-Things_To_Do-Hoopla_Festival.htm (22 – 26th April)
3. Easter Saturday marks the grand finale of the Sydney Carnival at Royal Randwick. Schweppes Sydney Cup Day boasts top-class Group 1 racing with huge prize money, high fashion and an abundance of trackside entertainment for all to enjoy.
Being famous as a Sunny island, Sentosa is a place not to be missed by beach lovers. Join in the fun at various beach clubs located in Sentosa for some Easter parties and fun!
Quiapo Church, Manila
Image: ms. kurdapya under CC BY 2.0
As a large Catholic nation, the Filipinos, observe the Holy week 17th April – 24th April in great passion. The entire week is more dedicated to the crusification of Jesus on the Cross with even re-enactments carried out by the ‘faithful’ hoping their ‘sacrifice’ brings them closer to God.
One of the famous churches to visit would be Quiapo Church located in Quiapo, Manila with great historical background. The foundation of the church was built in 1582 and survived the devastation of World War II despite surrounding buildings being completely destroyed.
1. The Jardin d’Acclimation located in the Bois de Boulogne, is like a heaven for kids as this amusement park offers an annual hunt for 20,000 Easter eggs on the grounds of the park! A sight not to be missed!
2. To experience the traditional Easter mass, you could visit the Notre Dame Cathedral on Île-de-la-Cité. On Good Friday and Easter Sunday, you could hear the largest bell that struck once a year by having six men to ring the bell in the tower at the end of the mass
On 24th April, Easter Sunday, there are various activities from eggs hunting, special Easter meals and concerts going around London suitable for all ages.